Sriachia and Godminster Cheddar Roasted Whole Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce
- 50 g salted butter
- 500ml full fat milk
- 200g of grated godminster cheddar
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 x chicken stock cube
- 3 x fine sliced banana shallot
- Cracked black pepper
- Marldon sea salt
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 3 egg yolks
- Place a large pan of water on the hob to boil (deep enough to accommodate your cauliflower) and salt the water.
- When the water is boiling rapidly then add the head of cauliflower, cook till al dente and the remove from the water and allow the cauliflower to steam away till its cold.
- The milk and place into a small saucepan and add the chicken stock cube, season to taste and heat till steaming hot.
- Then crush the garlic cloves and place into another saucepan along with fine sliced shallot, and cook slowly on a low heat with the butter for 2 minutes
- Add the plain flour to make a ‘roux’ and then slowly add the milk to the base whisking all the time.
- When you have added all the milk and the sauce is smooth, then add; the mustard, fine sliced spring onion, sriracha sauce, 3 egg yolks and the grated godminster cheddar.
- Then you can check for seasoning again and add more to taste.
- Take the cooled cauliflower and liberally spoon the spiced cheese sauce over the top.
- Place into a pre-heated oven at 190c and cook for 20 minutes untill browned all over and piping hot!
- (we also liked adding more grated godminster cheddar before it went in the oven)
Be the First To Know
Sign up to our newsletter and receive all the latest news, competitions, offers and more!