Looking for something simple and delicious to make with kids for lunch or a well-deserved treat for the adults as a quick supper with a cheeky glass of something bubbly… then look no further we have just the thing.
- 100 grams Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar
- 4 sweet and ripe cherry tomatoes
- The yolk of 1 free-range egg
- A good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large slice of bread of your choice
- enough Mustard (substitute with Wasabi Mustard if you have it at home) to smear the toast properly….
- First, cut your tomatoes in half, place them cut side up in a baking dish drizzle each with olive oil, crystals of rock salt and a nip of fresh thyme leaves.
- Place in a hot oven while you prepare the rest.
- While the tomatoes are softening, turn on the grill to full and toast one side of the bread – watch you don’t burn it!
- Next, grate our cheddar into a bowl, then add the egg yolk and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix gently with a large fork until consistent.
- Once the toast is ready, remove from the grill. And remove the tomatoes from the oven.
- Place the toast on the grill pan, uncooked side up.
- Spread the mustard and ensure it reaches all edges.
- Likewise the cheddar mix [2 tablespoons to transfer and a fork to distribute evenly]
- Finally, place the tomatoes evenly across the surface, and then place the pan on the base of the grill.