50g salted butter
5 tablespoons of plain flour
2 frozen lobster tail meat (cooked and chopped into chunky pieces)
500ml full fat milk
1 fish stock cube
200g dried macaroni
3 cloves of garlic
3 large banana shallots
1 x tablespoon Dijon mustard
20g of grated parmesan
1 small bunch of dill
Cracked black pepper
Maldon sea salt
200g of grated Godminster cheddar
1 small bunch of chives
3 egg yolks
50g of panko bread crumbs
- First cook your macaroni pasta in salted water will al-dente, and set aside whilst you make the lobster sauce.
- The milk and place into a small saucepan and add the fish stock cube, season to taste and heat till steaming hot.
- Then crush the garlic cloves and place into another saucepan along with fine sliced shallot, and cook slowly on a low heat with the butter for 2 minutes
- Add the plain flour to make a ‘roux’ and then slowly add the milk to the base whisking all the time.
- Then add the cheddar, dijon mustard, chopped herbs, egg yolks and seasoning all at the same time and whisk till smooth
- Then add the chopped lobster tail check for seasoning again.
- Then you can mix together you pasta and cooked lobster sauce mix, and place into a oven proof dish.
- Before you put it in the oven at 190c for 20 mins we recommended topping it some panko bread crumbs and more Godminster cheddar!