A delicious treat to share with friends and family or as a decadent side. We recommend serving alongside a rich and tomato-y pasta dish.
- 200g Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar (grated)
- Ready rolled pizza dough (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 125g unsalted butter (cold and grated)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 2 tsp oregano flakes (plus extra for sprinkling)
- Salt and pepper
- Place the grated cheese, grated butter, garlic, chilli flakes and oregano into a medium sized bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and mix the ingredients to combine thoroughly. Set aside about a ⅓ of the mixture
- Lightly grease a medium skillet. If you do not have a skillet you can use an oven-safe frying pan
- Place the pizza dough chunks into the mixing bowl and coat with the remaining cheese and butter mixture
- Put the coated pizza dough chunks into the skillet/frying pan evenly and sprinkle with any remaining cheese mixture
- Leave in a warm place for around 30-40 minutes or until the dough has begun to rise slightly
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/ Gas 5
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is slightly browned
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese mixture you set aside earlier and extra oregano. Continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and melted.