Deliciously cheesy with an umami taste, these Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar and Marmite Sausage Rolls are enough to convert any Marmite-phobe!
If you prefer your treats with a bit more of a kick, you can swap the Marmite for some chilli paste. We love the Seggiano Crema Di Peperoncino Chilli Paste (which you can get at our Godminster Shop!).
- Puff pastry block
- Plain flour (for sprinkling on counter)
- 2 tablespoons of Marmite
- 100g Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar (grated)
- 375g sausage meat
- 1 egg
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface, to an A4 size
- Spread the Marmite onto the rolled out pastry and then sprinkle about two-thirds of the cheddar evenly on top
- Fold the ends of the pastry together to meet in the middle and then fold in half again. Fold a third time so that you have a block of pastry. Cover with cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes
- Pour the sausage meat into a bowl and combine with the remaining cheddar and Marmite. Add 3tbsps of cold water to help it all come together
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out to roughly 30cm x 30cm. Trim the edges to make them straight and then cut down the middle so that you have two long rectangles
- Divide the sausage mix into two and place evenly in the middle of both rectangles – be sure to leave a good sized border. Brush the edges and the sausage mix with beaten egg and then fold one side over so that it covers the sausage. Press the edges of the pastry together with a fork
- Cut the sausage rolls into desired lengths and place on a lined baking tray. Leave to chill for 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and brush the sausage rolls with your remaining beaten egg. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool