- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 250ml of whole milk
- 50ml of Guinness
- 90g of Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of brown soft sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon of Marmite
- 4 chunky slices sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- Place the flour, butter, milk, mustard, Guiness into the pan on medium heat and stir with a whisk.
- Add grated Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar and Worcestershire sauce, continue to stir until thickened.
- Add the sliced onions in a pan for 15-20 mins until caramelised, then add the brown sugar and marmite and cook for another 2 mins and stir.
- Toast the slices of sourdough, then add the onions on 2 of the slices and rarebit mixture on all 4 slices.
- Place under the grill for an additional 3 mins, then sandwich the slices together (onions on the bottom).
- Fry the eggs and place on top and enjoy!