This simple Mac & Cheese recipe is perfect comfort food for those long January nights.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil and add a splash of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt
- Cook the macaroni for 7 minutes or until al dente
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat
- For the béchamel sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan, adding flour and stirring continuously for 1 minute
- Pour the milk (whisking whilst you do so) and continue to whisk for 3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken
- Remove from heat and add all cheeses, taking care to mix well.
- Season to taste
- Pour the macaroni into a mixing bowl and stir in your béchamel sauce
- Transfer your mixture to a baking dish, taking care to spread evenly
- Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkling of black pepper
- Grill for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown