The perfect way to start the weekend is a tasty brunch with friends. This recipe makes 12 savoury scones - enough for everyone!
200g Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar, grated
50ml vegetable oil
8 rashers of streaky bacon
270g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 medium egg
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 8 and grease a cupcake tin.
2. Fry the bacon over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes before setting aside and allowing it to cool completely. Chop into small pieces and save.
3. Combine the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) in a bowl, and mix in the butter with your hands until the mixture takes on the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and oil before tipping it into the flour mixture. Add the bacon, grated Godminster cheddar and spring onions, and mix well before transfering into the muffin tin.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the scones turn a golden colour. Serve immediately.