Give this traditional English recipe a Godminster twist by using lots of delicious Vintage Organic Cheddar and serve on its own, or as a side dish with your favourite meal. It's quick and easy to make, and it doesn't scrimp on flavour.
· 200g Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar, grated
· 1 medium cauliflower
· 40g plain flour
· 40g butter
· 400ml semi-skimmed milk
· 1 tsp English mustard
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
2. Wash the cauliflower head thoroughly, cut into florets, and place in a saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Drain and leave to one side
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly stir in the flour. Turn down the heat and slowl add the milk, little by little, and continue to stir well. Increase the temperature to a medium heat and gently bring the mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Simmer for two minutes, then remove from the heat.
4. Add the mustard powder to the sauce, and then roughly 150g of the grated Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar. Place the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish, before pouring the sauce over the cauliflower. Check that all the cauliflower is covered, sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top and bake for 25 minutes until the top has turned a golden brown colour.