This oh-so-simple recipe is a really delicious crowd-pleaser and makes a great starter. It’s a festive wreath shape but works all year round and is a great twist on a traditional baked brie.
- 200g Brie
- 3 tbsp Godminster Beetroot & Apple Chutney
- 2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
- 75g bacon lardons
- 1 beaten egg
- Before you start, pre-heat your oven to 180 C/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut a circle shape from one sheet of the puff pastry, and spread the Beetroot & Apple Chutney around the outside of the pastry.
- Fry the bacon bits over a medium heat until crispy, then remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and dry them on paper towels. Sprinkle the dried bacon bits across the chutney.
- Add a another circle of puff pastry from the second sheet over the top, and cut a brie-sized hole in the middle through both layers. Unwrap your brie and place in the middle.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, score 16 lines from the outside into the centre and then twist each section over on itself to make the wreath shape. Score the brie across the tope and finally brush the pastry with beaten egg before baking for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately; tear off a section of the wreath and dip into the delicious melted brie.