Cheese wedding cakes – the most delicious way to say ‘will you brie mine?’
A cheese wedding cake tower is a stunning addition to your wedding, celebration, Christmas party, or special gathering of you and your partner’s friends and family. Impress your guests with a beautiful cheese wedding cake that will easily serve up to 150 guests. Move away from traditional cakes and treat your wedding guests (and yourself) to our unique wedding cheese tower that they’ll remember for years to come.
This 8-tier cheese wedding cake is ideal for weddings, anniversaries, parties, or any other large get-together. It’s easy to put together and then you’re free to leave it as it is or to decorate it as you please to complement your event, using fruit, ribbon, or anything else. We love to see pictures of how you’ve decorated these wedding cheese towers so don’t forget to tag us in any pictures on social media!
We can deliver our wedding cake made of cheese to most mainland UK addresses via DPD’s fully-tracked courier service. Please make sure you pick a delivery date for your cheese that’s at least 3 business days before your event. You can email us to discuss your delivery or any other questions or special requirements you may have. As with all our cheese cakes, we advise customers to order their celebration cheese cake at least 2 weeks in advance of their delivery date to avoid disappointment. The total weight of our delicious artisan cheese tower cake is 11.3KG (approx.) and should serve approximately 110-150 guests. The cheese wedding cake tower stands roughly 54cm in height.
A Godminster Celebration & Wedding Cheese Tower includes:
- 3kg (approx.) wheel of Cornish Yarg – A light-textured, handmade cheese wrapped in fresh nettles. This is the base layer of the celebration cheese cake and is 25cm in diameter.
- 2kg (approx) wheel of Colston Bassett – Regarded as one of the best traditionally made naturally crusted Stiltons. Mature, with good blueing and rich, deep, herbaceous flavours that linger on the palate.
- 2 x 1kg (approx) wheels of brie – This is a delicious luxury brie. The taste is creamy and full-bodied with a wonderful character and complexity of flavour which is tangy and deliciously rich. This cheese may become ripe and runny so we recommend using cake boards and cake dowelling to support this layer (not included in the wedding cake).
- 2kg truckle of Godminster Vintage Bruton Beauty Organic Cheddar – A cheese wedding cake wouldn’t be complete without our Vintage Bruton Beauty and we’re so proud of it! A rich, strong yet buttery cheese. We guarantee that every cheese lover will adore this deliciously smooth cheddar!
- 800g (approx) truckle of Sharpham Rustic with Dulse & Sea Lettuce – the addition of seaweed gives a subtle, savoury, umami finish to this fresh, rich and crumbly Jersey cows’ milk cheese.
- 500g (approx) wheel of White Nancy Goats Cheese– A stunning handmade cheese from Pete Humphries at White Lake Cheeses near Shepton Mallet. Using milk from his own herd of 600 goats. Please note: this cheese is made from unpasteurised milk.
- 200g truckle of Godminster Oak-Smoked Cheyney’s Fortune Cheddar – Our award-winning Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar, naturally smoked with sustainable oak chippings for 8-10 hours, full of wonderful smoky flavour
- 200g truckle of Godminster Vintage Bruton Beauty Heart –as delicious as its larger sibling and the perfect way to spread the love on your special day…
- The Cornish Yarg – 25cm x 6cm
- Colston Bassett – 22cm x 5cm
- Brie – 20cm x 8cm
- Godminster 2kg Vintage Bruton Beauty – 16cm x 10cm
- Sharpham Rustic with Dulce & Sea Lettuce – 13cm x 6.7cm
- White Nancy – 10cm x 4cm
- Godminster 200g Oak-Smoked Cheyney’s Fortune – 6cm x 4cm
- Godminster 200g Vintage Bruton Beauty Heart – 8cm x 4cm
Please note: Throughout the year it may be difficult to source particular cheeses that are being made by our small artisan cheesemaking friends as they are speciality products. We will try wherever possible to make sure that a suitable replacement is featured of similar weight and value. We apologise should this happen.
If your cheese cake is being displayed in a tent, marquee, conservatory or any other warm environment please ensure it is refrigerated as much as possible before displaying. We recommend using cake boards and cake dowels to keep your tower in good condition for longer periods of time.
Godminster Wedding Cheese Cake Delivery
- We send our cheese cakes out using a premium, express, tracked and timed courier service that gives you an hour’s window in which your cake will be delivered
- As with all our Godminster wedding cheese cakes, please place your order with us at least 2 weeks in advance
- When checking out, please select a delivery day at least 3 working days before your event as our couriers may sometimes have unexpected delays
- We cannot provide a refund if your venue doesn’t accept outside catering so please double check this before ordering to avoid disappointment
- Having someone available to sign and refrigerate the cake on delivery is essential – our couriers will not be able to pass on any storage advice or leave it unattended unless arranged between the customer and the courier directly
- Please liaise with your venue to check if it will accept deliveries as our couriers will not be able to do this
- Please double check your email address as this will be the contact email for any delivery notifications on the day
The cheese wheel cake will be delivered in an insulated box. Assembly is easy and can be done in minutes – simply stack one cheese on top of the other. Remember to use dowelling and cake boards if needed.
Cheese wedding cake FAQs
What is a cheese wedding cake?
A cheese wedding cake is quite simply an alternative to your traditional wedding cake. The Godminster cheese cake is made up of 8 of our finest cheeses, all stacked up on top of each other to mimic the design of a traditional wedding cake. Paired with biscuits, this is the perfect savoury alternative for those looking to do something a little different on their special day. Buy your cheese tower cake with Godminster today! If you’re looking for a wedding gift, take a look at our heart-shaped cheese.
How to make a cheese wedding cake
Our cheese wedding cake can make a beautiful and unique addition to a wedding celebration and the best part is we’ll source the best quality cheeses to save you all the hard work!
When it comes to making your cheese wedding cake, you should consider the style of the wedding to help determine the right cheese tower cake design and the number of guests you’ll be catering for. It’s also important to have a selection of cheese products that you know you’ll love – it’s all about the flavour after all!
How to decorate a cheese wedding cake
A cheese wedding cake can really add a special touch to a wedding – especially for cheese lovers! You can decorate your wedding cheese tower to tie in with your wedding’s theme (i.e. using raffia in a more simplistic and rustic setting or adding extravagant flowers to complement a lavish celebration). The design of the cheese tower cake and the types of decorations you use will depend on a few factors, such as the season the wedding is taking place in and what the colour scheme is.
How much cheese per person at a wedding?
The last thing you want on your special day is to run out of delicious cheese for your guests so you’ll want to make sure that there’s plenty to go around. It’s usually recommended that there is approximately 80g-100g of cheese per person (as not everyone will want the same amount of cheese). Our wedding cake made of cheese here at Godminster can cater for as many as 150 guests.
How is a cheese wedding cake eaten?
You can cut and eat a cheese wedding cake in a similar fashion to more traditional wedding cakes as they’re also displayed in tiers. You can therefore eat cheese wedding cake in slices accompanied by complementary pairings such as wine, crackers and grapes.
How long can you leave a cheese wedding cake out?
The amount of time you can leave a cheese wedding cake out can depend on the temperature of your venue but they can typically be outside between one and two hours. However we always recommend keeping your cheese refrigerated as much as possible beforehand. Some of the soft cheeses may need cake boards and dowelling to keep them in the best condition if you want to leave your cheese cake tower fully assembled.
For more information on storing cheese why not read our blog ‘Do I need to keep cheese in the fridge?’
The total weight of our delicious artisan cheese tower cake is 10.65KG and should serve approximately 100-150 guests. The cheese wedding cake tower stands at roughly 54cm in height.
Photography credits: Peppermint Love