Heart to Heart Gift Set
Any Questions? Read our FAQ!
Heart to Heart Gift Set
Looking for Valentine’s cheese? Our heart-shaped cheese gift set is a delicious combination of our creamy organic cheddars, sent with love from the heart of Somerset. This gift set pairs our award-winning classic 200g Heart-Shaped Vintage Organic Cheddar with our 200g Heart-Shaped Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar for maximum indulgence.
Whether you’re looking for Valentine’s Day cheese gifts or a cheesy gift for another special occasion, it’s the perfect treat for any cheese lover!
More about our Vintage Organic Cheddar cheese
Our Heart-Shaped Vintage Organic Cheddar is multi-award winning and is coated in our distinctive burgundy wax. Made from a traditional 90-year-old recipe and matured for up to 12 months, this cheddar is seriously tasty and will melt in your mouth! It’s also packed with a rich depth of flavour and will leave you wanting more.
We’re delighted to say our Vintage Organic Cheddar cheese was named The Nation’s Favourite Organic Product in 2019 at the BOOM Awards hosted by the Soil Association, all thanks to votes from the general public!
More about our Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar cheese
Deliciously indulgent, this Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar will add that instant wow factor to every romantic cheese board. Black truffle cheese is a true gourmet product and is made with the revered ingredient of European Black Truffles, authentically hunted using a truffle hunter and hound. This truckle will delight your taste buds with the rich and moreish flavours you would expect of delicious fresh truffles with our smooth and creamy Vintage Organic Cheddar.
Our heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cheese gifts come packaged in an attractive gift box made from recycled cardboard that is also recyclable. The wax isn’t recyclable yet but we’re working on it!
We can deliver our heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cheese gifts to any mainland UK address and our delivery service, in 3-5 working days, at no additional cost to you. So no matter where you are, you can order the perfect Valentine’s cheese gift online to be delivered right to your loved-one’s doorstep!
All of our heart-shaped cheeses are made using pasteurised milk and they are certified organic by the Soil Association. They contain no artificial preservatives, and they are suitable for vegetarians. For more information on the nutritional values of our heart-shaped cheese dairy products, you can view the Nutritional Values tab.
Valentine’s Day cheese gifts FAQ
When is Valentines Day?
Valentine’s Day is celebrated on the 14th of February each year. This year, Valentine’s Day will be Monday 14th February 2022. Originating in Christianity to honour Saint Valentine, it is widely celebrated as a day of showing affection and love for one another.
Why not treat someone special in your life to our Valentine’s Day cheese gifts?
What is the history behind heart-shaped cheese?
Heart-shaped cheese has been around for centuries (over 500 years in fact!) and originated in Normandy with the cheese Neufchatel. The art of moulding cheese into the iconic heart shape began during the Hundred Years War, when women in the small village of Neufchatel-en-Bray fell in love with their English occupants and gave them heart-shaped cheese as gifts.
The romantic origin of heart-shaped cheese is why we think our heart-to-heart gift boxes make the perfect Valentine’s Day cheese gifts!
What wine goes with cheddar cheese?
We recommend pairing the cheddar cheese from your Valentine’s Day cheese gifts with a wine that is fruity, rich and tannic. Red wines work particularly well and would be perfect for treating your loved one to a romantic cheese and wine night. We can also highly recommend pairing our organic Valentine’s cheese with sweet port wine or bubbly prosecco. If you’re thinking of Valentine’s Day cheese gifts, why not treat your loved one to a bottle of wine and crackers to accompany their cheese?
What is organic cheese made out of?
Organic cheese is made with organic milk from an organic dairy farm – these farms don’t expose their cows to antibiotics and chemicals so you can look forward to a delicious organic cheese that has been made from cows who fed off only natural pasture. This means that you can rest assured that our Valentine’s Day cheese gifts are of top quality!
Wondering whether cheese is suitable for vegetarians? Whilst many kinds of cheese will be suitable for vegetarians, you should be aware that some cheeses will contain animal rennet. Here at Godminster, we use microbial rennet which is suitable for vegetarians. So, if your valentine is vegetarian, this gift set is the perfect product to surprise them with!
How to make Valentine’s Day gift baskets
Valentine’s Day gift baskets are the perfect way to give a special someone a variety of goodies. If you know a cheese lover, you can include some of their favourite cheese and wine. Here’s some of our tips on creating Valentine’s day cheese gift baskets:
- Select a gift basket – a wicker basket is a popular choice but you could also consider presenting your Valentine’s presents in a decorative box, tin or wooden box. You just need to make sure that you choose the right-sized basket as this will prevent items from falling out.
- Line your gift basket – adding some colourful tissue paper or raffia will not only help to keep the goodies safe, it will make your gift basket stand out! You could stick to a Valentine’s Day theme by using red tissue paper (or, you could include their favourite colours if you know them).
- Include your loved-one’s favourite treats – for example, you could give a cheese lover a selection of cheeses along with items that compliment it, such as chutneys, crackers and wine. You could also include some personalised cheese gifts to make the hamper more special, such as buying a personalised Valentine’s Day cheese board or cheese cutter.
- Ensure that each item is wrapped and stored appropriately – for example, you may need to wrap cheese to preserve its moisture and keep perishables refrigerated until you’re about to wrap and present the gift basket to your Valentine.
- Think about the arrangement of the contents – heavier items should sit at the bottom of the gift basket so that they don’t damage other items and taller items should sit at the back so that you can see everything inside.
- Add any extra touches – to take your Valentine’s Day cheese gift basket to the next level, you could wrap it up in cellophane and tie a ribbon around it to really make it look the part.
Alternatively, you could treat your Valentine to a pre-made hamper box. Here at Godminster, we sell a range of cheese hampers which include our award-winning organic cheddar cheese, wine and other treats such as flavoursome crackers.
Romantic wine and cheese picnic ideas
Planning a romantic wine and cheese picnic this Valentine’s Day? Here are just a few ideas you could consider:
- Having a cheese and wine ‘tasting’ picnic – you could bring along a variety of cheeses and a few small bottles of different wines so that your picnic is bursting with flavour. This could also be a fun way of trying out new cheeses together.
- Find out what your Valentine’s favourite cheeses are and include wines and snacks which will complement them. Here at Godminster, we sell a variety of Valentine’s cheese products to choose from!
- Set a ‘taste theme’ for your picnic – for example, if your Valentine likes a bit of spice, you could include chilli cheese in the picnic.
Romantic cheese board ideas
If you’re having a cosy night in this Valentine’s Day, you could put together a romantic cheese board. Here are some tips for making the perfect Valentine’s Day cheese board:
- Include a range of your loved one’s favourite cheeses (or try out some new ones to keep you on your toes!). You could include a mixture of aged, hard, soft and semi-soft cheeses so there will be something to suit both your tastes.
- Keep to the theme of love! – For example, you could include heart-shaped items. Here at Godminster, we sell heart-shaped cheese which will really help to set a romantic tone.
- Include complimentary snacks such as:
- Both sweet and salty crackers
- Fruits and nuts – for a Valentine’s Day cheese board, chocolate-coated strawberries are a great option!
- Pour your loved one a glass of wine – you’ll want to consider the best wine for the types of cheeses you’re serving, but port, red and bubbly wines (such as prosecco) tend to work well.
If you can’t find an answer to your Valentine’s cheese questions, or you’d like to ask about this heart-shaped cheese gift set product, please feel free to contact us and a member of our friendly team will be happy to help!
How to store me
Our cheeses are organic and contain no preservatives so we recommend refrigeration (or storage in a cheese drawer or cheese pantry if you are lucky enough to have one!). Remove the cheese from the fridge an hour before serving to allow it to warm to room temperature and bring out all the natural flavours.
Vintage Organic Cheddar: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Energy: 1725kJ/416 kcal
Of which saturates: 21.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 0.1g
Allergens – Contains Milk
Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Energy: 1714kJ/414 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 0.1g
Dietary Fibre: 0.1g
Of which saturates: 21.4g
Sodium (mg): 1.8g
Allergens – Contains Milk