The Godminster Celebration Cheese Cake is ideal for birthdays, weddings, celebrations, anniversaries, parties, picnics and many more get-togethers, and it is suitable for approximately 25-35 people. It’s easy to put our celebration cheese cake tower together, and then you’re free to leave it as it is or to decorate it as you please to complement your event, with fruit, ribbon, or anything else. We love to see pictures of how you’ve decorated your Godminster cheese cake so don’t forget to tag us on social media!
This beautiful 2.65kg cheese celebration cake tower features a selection of some of our favourite British organic cheeses from cheesemakers we admire, including:
- A 1kg Brie
- A 1kg truckle of our burgundy waxed Vintage Bruton Beauty Organic Cheddar
- A 250g Brie
- Our 200g Cheyney’s Fortune Oak-Smoked Organic Vintage Cheddar
- Topped off with our iconic 200g Vintage Bruton Beauty Organic Cheddar – Heart
CHEESE WEDDING CAKES
The Godminster Celebration Cheese Cake is the perfect centrepiece for any wedding and is sure to satisfy all cheese lovers. With such a delicious selection of cheeses and flavours for yourself and guests to choose from, say ‘Ido!’ to the Godminster Celebration Cheese Cake!
CHEESE BIRTHDAY CAKES
What better way to celebrate your special day than with a birthday cake made from cheese? A great addition to any birthday party or celebration, this cake is sure to bring the ‘wow’ factor to any occasion.
Please note: Throughout the year it may be difficult to source particular cheeses that are being made by our small artisan cheesemaking friends as they are speciality products. We will try wherever possible to make sure that a suitable replacement is featured of similar weight and value. We apologise should this happen.
If your cheese cake is being displayed in a tent, marquee, conservatory or any other warm environment please ensure it is refrigerated as much as possible before displaying. We recommend using cake boards and cake dowels to keep your tower in good condition for longer periods of time.
Godminster Wedding Cheese Cake Delivery
- We send our cheese cakes out using a premium, express, tracked and timed courier service that gives you an hour’s window in which your cake will be delivered
- As with all our Godminster wedding cheese cakes, please place your order with us at least 2 weeks in advance
- When checking out, please select a delivery day at least 3 working days before your event as our couriers may sometimes have unexpected delays
- We cannot provide a refund if your venue doesn’t accept outside catering so please double check this before ordering to avoid disappointment
- Having someone available to sign and refrigerate the cake on delivery is essential – our couriers will not be able to pass on any storage advice or leave it unattended unless arranged between the customer and the courier directly
- Please liaise with your venue to check if it will accept deliveries as our couriers will not be able to do this
- Please double check your email address as this will be the contact email for any delivery notifications on the day
- The cheese wheel cake will be delivered in an insulated box. Assembly is easy and can be done in minutes – simply stack one cheese on top of the other. Remember to use dowelling and cake boards if needed.
Celebration cheese cake FAQs
How to make a cheese wedding cake
Our cheese celebration cake is perfect for weddings – especially if you want to save time and effort sourcing the best cheese for your guests.
When it comes to making a cheese wedding cake, you’ll want to consider the style and colour scheme of the wedding, the number of guests attending and of course, the cheese flavours you love!
How to make cheese birthday cakes
Cheese birthday cakes are a perfect gift for the cheese lover in your life. When planning the cake, it’s important to choose a range of cheeses that are tailored to the birthday boy or girl’s bespoke tastes. If the cake is going to be the centrepiece at a party, consider how many guests will be attending to make sure there’s enough to go round!
How to decorate a cheese wedding cake
A cheese celebration cake can really complement a wedding – not just because of its incredible taste, but it can be decorated to tie in beautifully with your wedding’s theme. For example, a celebration cheese cake at a simple country-style wedding could feature rustic wooden items and raffia to fit in with the event’s style. What decorations you use will depend on a few factors, including the season the wedding takes place in and what your colour scheme is but usually, less is more.
How much cheese per person at a birthday party or wedding?
When you have a delicious celebration cheese cake at a birthday party, wedding or any other special occasion, you want to make sure that there’s enough cheese to go around for your guests. It is typically recommended that there should be approximately 80-100g of cheese per person (as you have to remember that not everyone will want as much, such as children). Our Godminster celebration cake is suitable for 25-35 people.
Why is cheese a good alternative to birthday cake?
Cheese is a delicious and versatile food that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Due to the wide variety of flavours and textures, you can create a bespoke cheese cake that is tailored to the individual tastes of any cheese fan. that suits the preferences of the person whose birthday you are celebrating. Cheese is also usually more portable and easier to serve than cake, making it a convenient choice for birthday celebrations that take place outside of the home.
How is a cheese wedding cake eaten?
Cheese wedding cake can be cut in a similar way to a traditional wedding cake as it is also displayed in tiers. Therefore, a cheese wedding cake is usually eaten in slices with complimentary pairings (such as crackers, grapes and wine).
Are Godminster cheese birthday cakes suitable for vegetarians?
Absolutely! All Godminster cheese products are suitable for vegetarians. Only microbial rennet (vegetarian) is used in our cheeses, rather than animal rennet.
How long can you leave a cheese wedding cake out?
The amount of time you can leave a cheese wedding cake out can depend on the temperature of your venue but they can typically be outside between one and two hours. However we always recommend keeping your cheese refrigerated as much as possible beforehand. Some of the soft cheeses may need cake boards and dowels to keep them in the best condition if you want to leave your cheese cake tower fully assembled.
How to build a celebration cheese cake
When building a celebration cheese cake, it’s important to have a secure structure to avoid any cheeses becoming damaged or falling. Here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- The largest cheese should be at the bottom of the cheese celebration cake and each cheese added should be smaller than the one beneath it. This helps with equally distributing the weight and will prevent it from leaning or collapsing.
- Soft cheeses should be on the top unless there is a structure in place to prevent them from getting squashed. Consider cake boards and plastic dowels to keep these cheeses protected.
- A celebration cheese cake should be presented on a sturdy base such as a cake stand or a wooden or slate board.