Classic Cheddar and Port Hamper – Signature Edition
Any Questions? Read our FAQ!
Our Classic Cheddar and Port Hamper – Signature Edition is a luxurious treat for any occasion – birthdays, Christmas, thank-you’s, celebrations, or simply a treat for yourself. Go ahead, why not, you deserve it!
Our waxed cheddars have best before dates of 2021 which means they’re the perfect present for Christmas!
Our Classic Cheddar and Port Hamper – Signature Edition features:
- A 200g round truckle of our deliciously creamy Vintage Organic Cheddar
- A 235g jar of Beetroot and Apple Chutney
- One packet of Godminster’s Rosemary Water Biscuits – a Gold award winner at the Taste of the West Awards
- A bottle of Graham’s 10-year-old tawny Port
Multi Award-Winning Cheese and Port Hampers
We’re delighted to say that our Vintage Organic Cheddar that we use in our cheese and port gift sets was named at The Nation’s Favourite Organic Product in 2019 at the BOOM Awards hosted by the Soil Association thanks to votes from the general public!
We make the cheddar in our award-winning gift hampers to a traditional 90-year-old recipe and mature it for up to 12 months. After that, we select the very best cheese to make into one of our award-winning truckles. The cheddar in these cheese and port gift sets has a rich depth of flavour with a smooth texture. All of the cheese in our cheese and port gift sets is made using pasteurised milk and is certified organic by the Soil Association. Our port and cheddar hampers contain no artificial preservatives, and they are suitable for vegetarians.
Our chutney was developed to complement the creaminess of our Vintage Organic Cheddar with its balance of sweetness, acidity, and fruitiness. It has a superb, natural flavour inspired by the fruits and roots that grow on the farm.
Finally both the Cheddar and Chutney pair together beautifully with our Rosemary Water Biscuits.
- Delivery of our port and cheese hampers to any mainland UK address and delivery in 3-5 working days is at no additional cost to your order.
- On rare occasions we may include a substitute product for our cheese and port gift sets if there are unforeseen supply shortages. We apologise should this happen.
- The glass bottle and jar are widely recyclable. The wax in our port and cheese hampers box isn’t recyclable yet but we’re working on it!
- You must be 18 or over to purchase this cheese and port hamper.
How to store me
The cheeses in our cheese and port gift set are organic and contain no preservatives so we recommend refrigeration (or storage in a cheese drawer or cheese pantry if you are lucky enough to have one!). Remove the cheese from the fridge an hour before serving on the day to allow it to warm to room temperature and bring out all the natural flavours.
The Port in our cheese and port gift sets, like most wine, can be stored somewhere cool and dark.
Chutney can be stored somewhere cool and dark, the larder is perfect.
Our biscuits should be stored at room temperature, and in an airtight container once opened.
*Please note, all of our Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar is vacuum packed and then hand-wrapped in a muslin cloth. Please see FAQ for full details
Vintage Organic Cheddar: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Energy: 1725kJ/416 kcal
Of which saturates: 21.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 0.1g
Allergens – Contains Milk
Energy: 426kJ/99 kcal
Of which saturates: 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates: 24g
Allergens – Produced on a site where nuts are present
Rosemary Water Biscuits: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Total Carbohydrates: 64.1g
Dietary Fibre 6.3g
Of which saturates 12.9g
Of which trans 0.3g
Allergens – Contains Wheatflour, Gluten, and butter (Milk). May contain traces of nuts.