All of our products have Best Before dates in 2024 which means they’re the perfect Christmas cheese gift!
Introducing Godminster’s Christmas Cheese and Wine Hamper – a luxury hamper filled with the very best cheese and wine, guaranteed to be enjoyed by cheese lovers this Christmas!
A decadent Christmas cheeseboard is the highlight of every foodie’s festivities, so make sure you’re giving them the best ingredients to celebrate with friends and family.
The Christmas Cheese and Wine Hamper includes:
- 200g truckle of Vintage Bruton Beauty cheddar cheese – smooth and creamy
- 200g truckle of Black Truffle Howling Hound cheddar cheese – bold and rich
- 200g truckle of Oak Smoked Cheyney’s Fortune cheddar cheese – deep and intense
- 200g truckle of Red Chilli Devil’s Dance cheddar cheese – bright and fiery
- A 750ml bottle of Le Petit Caboche red wine – a medium-bodied wine made by the former mayor of Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- 80g packet of Golden Honey and Oat Biscuits – crisp and delicate
- A pot of Beetroot and Apple Chutney – a sweet and chunky chutney that goes wonderfully with all our cheeses
- A pot of our new Sticky Fig Chutney – the perfect partner to our Black Truffle Howling Hound cheddar
- A pot of our new Cider Apple Jelly – adds a delicious sweetness to our Red Chilli Devil’s Dance cheddar
- Delivered in a magnetic closure hamper box by a next-day couriered service to ensure minimal time out of refrigeration
About the selected wine in the christmas cheese and wine hamper
The wine we have selected for our Christmas Cheese and Wine Hamper is Le Petit Caboche, from the Cotes du Rhone. This medium-bodied wine is crafted from a blend of Syrah, Egiodola, Caladoc and Marselan, with aromas of rich juicy blackberries and sweet blackcurrants and a touch of spice giving way to an elegant fresh plummy finish with plenty of good acidity, deft tannins and finished by a hint of oak, black olive and herbs. This delicious wine can be left to age for 2-3 years but is equally ready to drink now whilst young. We think it’s the perfect accompaniment to a Christmas cheeseboard too!
About the Cheese
Our range of flavoured organic cheddar truckles are made with the same gold-standard cheddar cheese that goes into our flagship Vintage Bruton Beauty, ensuring a smooth, rich and powerful cheddar every time. We only use the very best organic cheddar cheese to go into our truckles, as organic farming is vital to everything Godminster believes in. Read more about our carbon negative farm on our blog.
All of our cheeses are vegetarian, pasteurised, and made to strict Soil Association organic standards.
Award Winning Cheddar Cheese
The Godminster team were delighted to win Best Waxed Cheese at the International Cheese Awards in 2023 for our Oak-Smoked Cheyney’s Fortune cheddar! Not only that, but we also took home a Super Gold for our Black Truffle Howling Hound cheddar at the World Cheese Awards in 2022 as well.