Cheese wedding cakes – the most delicious way to say ‘will you brie mine?’
A cheese wedding cake tower is a stunning addition to your wedding, celebration, Christmas party, or special gathering of you and your partner’s friends and family. Impress your guests with a beautiful cheese wedding cake that will easily serve up to 150 guests! Move away from traditional cakes and treat your wedding guests (and yourself) to our unique wedding cheese tower.
This 8 tier cheese wedding cake is ideal for weddings, anniversaries, parties, or any other large get-together. It’s easy to put together, and then you’re free to leave it as it is or to decorate it as you please to complement your event, with fruit, ribbon, or anything else. We love to see pictures of how you’ve decorated these wedding cheese towers.
We can deliver a wedding cake made of cheese to most mainland UK addresses at no additional cost and we will use a pre-10:30 am service to arrive 3 days before your event. Please contact us to discuss your delivery or any other questions or special requirements you may have.
A Godminster Celebration & Wedding Cheese Tower includes:
- 3.5kg (Approx.) x Cornish Yarg – A light-textured, low-fat hand-made cheese wrapped in fresh nettles with a definite bite. This is the base layer of the celebration cheese cake and is 25cm in diameter.
- 2kg (Approx.) x Colston Bassett – Regarded as one of the best traditionally made naturally crusted Stiltons. Mature, with good blueing and rich, deep, herbaceous flavours that linger on the palate.
- 2 x 1kg (Approx.) x Brie – This is a delicious luxury hand-made brie. The taste is creamy and full-bodied with a wonderful character and complexity of flavour which is tangy and deliciously rich.
- 1kg x Vintage Bruton Beauty Organic Cheddar – A cheese wedding cake wouldn’t be complete without our Vintage Organic Cheddar and we’re so proud of it! A rich, strong yet buttery cheese.
- 1kg x Howling Hound Black Truffle Organic Vintage Cheddar – Deliciously indulgent, this truffle cheddar adds that instant wow factor to this already stunning cheese wedding cake
- 800g (Approx.) x Sharpham Rustic with Dulse & Sea Lettuce – The addition of seaweed gives a subtle, savoury, umami finish to this fresh, rich and crumbly Jersey cows’ milk cheese.
- 500g (Approx.) x White Nancy Goats Cheese – A stunning handmade cheese from Pete Humphries at White Lake Cheeses near Shepton Mallet. Using milk from his own herd of 600 goats. Please note: this cheese is made from unpasteurised milk.
- 200g x Cheyney’s Fortune Oak-Smoked Organic Vintage Cheddar – Our award-winning Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar, naturally smoked with sustainable oak chippings for 8-10 hours, full of wonderful smoky flavour
- 200g x Vintage Bruton Beauty Organic Cheddar – Heart –as delicious as its larger sibling and the perfect way to spread the love on your special day…
Please note: throughout the year it may be difficult to source particular cheeses that are being made by our small artisan cheesemaking friends. We will try wherever possible to make sure that a suitable replacement is featured of similar weight and value.
Please place the order for your celebration cheese cake at least 2 weeks in advance of your delivery date to avoid disappointment.
Godminster Wedding Cheese Cake Delivery
- We send our cheese cakes out using a premium, express, tracked and timed courier service that gives you an hour’s window in which your cake will be delivered
- As with all our Godminster wedding cheese cakes, we recommend that you place your order with us at least 2 weeks in advance
- When checking out, please select a delivery day at least 3 days before your event as our couriers may sometimes have unexpected delays
- We cannot provide a refund if your venue doesn’t accept outside catering so please double check this before ordering to avoid disappointment
- Please liaise with your venue to check if it will accept deliveries as our couriers will not be able to do this
- Please double check your email address as this will be the contact email for any delivery notifications on the day
- The cheese wheel cake will be delivered in an insulated box. Assembly is easy and can be done in minutes – simply stack one cheese on top of the other!
We make our Vintage Organic Cheddar used in our Godminster cheese cake to a traditional 90-year-old recipe and then mature it for up to 12 months. After that, we select the very best cheese to make into one of our award-winning truckles. It has a rich depth of flavour with a smooth texture. We’re delighted to say our Heart-Shaped Vintage Organic Cheddar was named at The Nation’s Favourite Organic Product in 2019/2020 at the BOOM Awards hosted by the Soil Association thanks to votes from the general public!
We make our Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar to the same recipe, using the same cheese as our Vintage Organic Cheddar before cold-smoking it over sustainably sourced oak chippings. It has won many awards, perhaps most notably Gold at the World Cheese Awards 2018 in the Best Smoked Cheese category.
Cheese wedding cake FAQs
What is a cheese wedding cake?
A cheese wedding cake is quite simply an alternative to your traditional wedding cake. The Godminster cheese cake is made up of 8 of our finest cheeses, all stacked up on top of each other to mimic the design of a traditional wedding cake. Paired with biscuits, this is the perfect savoury alternative for those looking to do something a little different on their special day. Buy your cheese tower cake with Godminster today! If you’re looking for a wedding gift, take a look at our heart-shaped cheese.
How to make a cheese wedding cake
Our cheese wedding cake can make a beautiful and unique addition to a wedding celebration and the best part is we’ll source the best quality cheeses to save you all the hard work!
When it comes to making your cheese wedding cake, you should consider the style of the wedding to help determine the right cheese tower cake design and the number of guests you’ll be catering for. It’s also important to have a selection of cheese products that you know you’ll love – it’s all about the flavour after all!
How to decorate a cheese wedding cake
A cheese wedding cake can really add a special touch to a wedding – especially for cheese lovers! You can decorate your wedding cheese tower to tie in with your wedding’s theme (i.e. using raffia in a more simplistic and rustic setting or adding extravagant flowers to complement a lavish celebration). The design of the cheese tower cake and the types of decorations you use will depend on a few factors, such as the season the wedding is taking place in and what the colour scheme is.
How much cheese per person at a wedding?
The last thing you want on your special day is to run out of delicious cheese for your guests so you’ll want to make sure that there’s plenty to go around. It’s usually recommended that there is approximately 80g-100g of cheese per person (as not everyone will want the same amount of cheese). Our wedding cake made of cheese here at Godminster can cater for as many as 120 guests.
How is a cheese wedding cake eaten?
You can cut and eat a cheese wedding cake in a similar fashion to more traditional wedding cakes as they’re also displayed in tiers. You can therefore eat cheese wedding cake in slices accompanied by complementary pairings such as wine, crackers and grapes.
How long can you leave a cheese wedding cake out?
How long you can leave a cheese wedding cake out can vary depending on factors such as the temperature of the venue, however, you can usually leave a wedding cake made of cheese out for around four to five hours.
For more information on storing cheese why not read our blog ‘Do I need to keep cheese in the fridge?’
The total weight of our delicious artisan cheese tower cake is 10.65KG and should serve approximately 100-120 guests. The cheese wedding cake tower stands at roughly 54cm in height.