Cheddar and Black Truffle Signature Selection – Round
Any Questions? Read our FAQ!
Our delicious Black Truffle Cheddar Signature Selection makes for the perfect cheeseboard to follow a splendid dinner with friends. Combining a pair of our award-winning organic cheddars with a box of delicious Golden Honey and Oat Godminster biscuits. The smooth creaminess of both the black truffle cheese and award-winning organic cheddar pairs together beautifully with the delicate crunch and slight sweetness of our Golden Honey and Oat Biscuits.
This truffle cheese gift set is a luxurious treat for any occasion – birthdays, thank-you’s, Christmas, celebrations, or simply a treat for yourself. Go ahead, why not, you deserve it! Neatly presented, our Vintage Organic Cheddar is wrapped in our signature burgundy wax whilst our Black Truffle Cheese is wrapped in an attractive black wax – this helps our cheddars to retain their rich, creamy flavour and stay fresh, so you can enjoy our quality cheeses at their finest.
What is black truffle cheese?
Black truffle cheese is a combination of creamy, decadent organic cheddar cheese, and indulgent black truffles. Black truffles are a type of fungi that grow underground, usually on tree roots, and are considered a delicacy. The blending process of truffle and cheese results in a delicious cheddar that has flecks of black truffle throughout.
Our European Black Truffles are authentically hunted using a truffle hunter and hound, so you can count on great quality and great taste.
What does black truffle cheese taste like?
Black truffles are incredibly aromatic and inject a nutty, garlicky taste into the cheese. The strong, musky aroma of the black truffles combined with the rich, creamy taste of the cheddar cheese makes for quite the sensory delight! Our Godminster black truffle cheese perfectly blends smooth organic cheddar with black truffles, making for a luxury, gourmet experience.
This Black Truffle Cheddar Signature Selection features:
- 200g Vintage Organic Cheddar – Round (recently voted the Nation’s Favourite Organic Product at the Best of Organic Market Awards)
- 200g Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar – Gold Award at the International Cheese Awards for our Black Truffle Cheddar
- 80g Godminster Golden Honey and Oat Biscuits
Multi Award-Winning Products
Vintage Organic Cheddar
We’re delighted to say our Vintage Organic Cheddar was named at The Nation’s Favourite Organic Product in 2019 at the BOOM Awards hosted by the Soil Association thanks to votes from the general public!
Black Truffle Cheddar
Our recently launched gourmet Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar won Gold at the prestigious International Cheese Awards.
We make our truffle cheese using a traditional 90-year-old recipe and mature it for up to 12 months. After that, we select the very best cheese to make it into one of our award-winning truckles. It has a rich depth of flavour with a smooth texture. All of our cheese is made using pasteurised milk and is certified organic by the Soil Association. They contain no artificial preservatives, and they are suitable for vegetarians. Our cheese does contain dairy.
We can deliver our cheese gifts to most mainland UK addresses with DPD’s tracked express courier service.
Truffle cheese FAQs
Is truffle cheese vegetarian?
Yes, here at Godminster, all of our waxed cheese truckles, including our black truffle cheddar, are suitable for vegetarians.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for or have any questions about our other products, please contact us and a member of our friendly team will be happy to assist you.
How do you find black truffles?
Black truffles which are used in our black truffle cheese products can be tricky to discover, but they are found underground, usually on tree roots by trained dogs along with truffle hunters who will clean off the truffles with water and tools once detected.
Here at Godminster, we blend our organic cheddar cheese with black truffles to create the ultimate creamy cheddar packed full of flavour. Why not try it out for yourself and order a truffle cheese selection today?
How to use truffle cheese
Truffles are renowned for their rich, earthy and nutty taste and there are many ways to enjoy our delicious organic truffle cheese. Here are just some ideas:
- Pair your black truffle cheese with wine – sparkling wine is a particularly good pairing with the rich flavour of truffle cheese.
- Include it in a cheese board – whether you’re treating yourself or a loved one, our truffle cheese will make a delicious addition to a cheese board and can be enjoyed with crackers, bread, cured meats and other plain snacks.
- Include your truffle cheese with your favourite meals – truffle cheese can add another dimension of flavour to a range of dishes, You could melt your truffle cheese into a fondue to dip bread in, grate it over pasta or include it with a dish of your desire. Try to add your black truffle cheese to more simple dishes so you can taste it in all its aromatic glory.
What goes well with truffle cheese?
As mentioned, truffle cheese is packed full of rich, earthy flavours, and you might be wondering what you could create at home (or what ideas you could pass on to friends and family). Here are some black truffle cheese recipes we’ve put together here at Godminster to inspire you:
- Black truffle Cacio E Pepe – a simple zesty and cheesy dish.
- Black truffle cheddar and bacon muffins – perfect for a snack or light breakfast.
- Black truffle cheese, spinach and ricotta tortellini – a classic Italian dish!
- Four cheese truffle mac and cheese – a simple and comforting dish to whip up at home.
- Black truffle mini buck rarebits – ideal as a snack or as part of a delicious brunch
- Leek and Godminster truffle cheddar toastie – a humble toastie with a Godminster twist!
- Black truffle doughnuts – the perfect treat for any foodie! It oozes our truffle cheese with each bite.
- Camp Kerala’s truffled mushroom mac and cheese – a hearty meal with a luxury edge.
- Truffled wild mushroom and brie arancini – a Sicilian dish that any truffle cheese lover would enjoy!
How to store me
Our truffle cheese products s are organic and contain no preservatives so we recommend refrigeration (or storage in a cheese drawer or cheese pantry if you are lucky enough to have one!). Remove the cheeses, including the black truffle cheese, from the fridge an hour before serving to allow it to warm to room temperature and bring out all the rich, earthy flavours.
Our biscuits should be stored at room temperature, and in an airtight container once opened to keep them crunchy and fresh.
Vintage Organic Cheddar: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Energy: 1725kJ/416 kcal
Of which saturates: 21.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 0.1g
Allergens- Contains Milk
Black Truffle Vintage Organic Cheddar: Nutritional Analysis (per 100g)
Energy: 1714kJ/414 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 0.1g
Dietary Fibre: 0.1g
Of which saturates: 21.4g
Sodium (mg): 1.8g
Allergens – Contains Milk
Golden Honey and Oat Crackers (per 100g)
Energy: 1838 kJ / 437 kcal
Of which sugars: 9.6g
Of which saturates: 1.3g
Allergens – contains milk and wheat. Made in a factory which handles celery, mustard and sulphites.