Do I need to keep the cheese in the refrigerator?
Yes, the cheese needs to be kept chilled and stored below 8°C, however we recommend taking the cheese out of the fridge 1 hour or more before serving to allow it to come up to room temperature so you can experience the flavour at its best.
How do I store the cheese once opened?
Once opened, keep your cheese airtight in a sealed container or wrap tightly in cheese paper, beeswax wrap or similar. It must be kept refrigerated.
Is your cheese suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, all our cheese is suitable for vegetarians.
What’s the Use By or Best Before of my cheese?
We guarantee at least 30 days of life on our Vintage Organic Cheddar, and at least 20 days on our Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar.
Why is the Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar wrapped in plastic?
In order to ensure that this product is safe to consume it must packaged in an air tight container of some form. Without an air tight seal, yeasts and moulds would be able to grow as well as the product being susceptible to foreign body contamination and allergen risk. Unfortunately, as far as vacuum packaging is concerned the only option is plastic. The reduction in plastic use has taken the packaging industry slightly by surprise and therefore it is struggling to offer the industry with alternatives however new development are being made every day.
How do I open the chutney?
Release the metal clip, pull the rubber tab towards you (not upwards) and gently break the seal. Do not use a knife to try and lever the lid open as you may hurt yourself!
- You will receive an email from our third-party courier notifying you when your order is dispatched
- We make reasonable effort to ensure that all goods are dispatched in perfect condition and we take precautions to ensure the integrity of any products for transit
- Many of our products are perishable items. We store all our products in perfect conditions prior to dispatch, but we are not responsible for storage conditions after dispatch
- Please ensure you choose a delivery date where you, or someone with your permission is available to receive and sign for the delivery as required. Goods may be delivered to alternative addresses or work-places to ensure receipt. If the order is a gift to another address it is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to receive it. We will not advise gift recipients of impending deliveries. You may contact Interlink to change the delivery address, or date of any order within a reasonable time-period prior to delivery
- Orders are dispatched Monday to Thursday and usually delivered Tuesday to Friday
- Delivery times quoted or displayed are for guidance only and not a guarantee
- Due to the nature of some perishable products and long transit times it is not possible to deliver some products over very long distances by standard carriers
- Non-mainland areas of the UK (including but not limited to Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and some areas of Scottish Highlands & Islands) may require a 2-day delivery service and may incur an additional charge. Please contact us to discuss orders to non-mainland destinations
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship to non-UK destinations. We apologise for any inconvenience
- It is highly recommended that customers use a mobile telephone number as their point of contact. The courier may attempt to make contact via SMS
- Please contact us if your order fails to arrive, or if the order arrives on the correct delivery date in an unsatisfactory condition.
How much do you charge for postage?
All of our prices include shipping to mainland UK addresses with our couriers Interlink Express. Please see the delivery info page for more details.
Do I have to be at home when my delivery is made?
No, if you have a particular place where you would like your parcel left, we can instruct our courier accordingly.
Can I have my parcel delivered to a different address to the billing address?
Yes, if you following the instructions on the ordering page alternative delivery addresses can be made.
Can you deliver abroad?
As of March 2015 we cannot offer international delivery on any of our Godminster goods. We also cannot send alcohol to the Channel Islands or outside of the EU. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
What happens to my order in bad weather or other adverse conditions?
Our orders are dispatched directly from our warehouse and are transported using DPD couriers. We use them as a trusted logistics firm with national coverage, though very occasionally they experience delays due to adverse weather. Please check your tracking number with them if you have a query about the whereabouts of your order and log on to www.dpdlocal.co.uk for more information.
Christmas Peak Period Delivery Information
- Last day for Christmas dispatch 2019 is Thursday 19th December
- We cannot advise upon customs duties and restrictions that maybe applicable to some products