Do I need to keep the cheese in the refrigerator?
Yes, you need to keep the cheese chilled and store it below 5°C. Before eating we recommend you take the cheese out of the fridge for 1 hour or more before serving. This allows it to come up to room temperature so you can experience the flavour at its best.
How do I store the cheese once opened?
Once opened, keep your cheese airtight in a sealed container or wrap tightly in cheese paper, beeswax wrap or similar. It must be kept refrigerated.
Why is there mould on my cheese?
Sometimes hairline cracks can form in our wax, usually due to being knocked in the shop. This may allow air to get to the cheese which is why on very rare occasions you might have blue mould on your cheese. Please contact us with pictures showing the cheese, the packaging and the Best Before Date if this should happen to your cheese.
Is your cheese suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, the Godminster cheese range is suitable for vegetarians. We only use microbial rennet (vegetarian) in our cheeses rather than animal rennet.
What’s the Use By or Best Before Date of my cheese when I order online?
We guarantee at least 30 days of life on our Vintage Organic Cheddars and at least 20 days on our Oak-Smoked and Black Truffle Cheddars.
Why is the Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar wrapped in plastic?
In order to ensure that this product is safe to consume, it must be packaged in an airtight container of some form. Without an airtight seal, yeasts and molds would be able to grow as well as the product being susceptible to foreign body contamination and allergen risk. Currently the only safe option for our cheese is plastic. We would love to cut any extra plastic waste out of our product range and we hope that one day the packaging industry will be able to offer something much more recyclable!
- Our third-party courier will email you notifying you when your order is dispatched
- We make reasonable effort to ensure that all goods are dispatched in perfect condition and we take precautions to ensure the integrity of any products for transit
- Many of our products are perishable items. We store all our products in perfect conditions prior to dispatch, but we are not responsible for storage conditions after dispatch
- Please ensure you choose a delivery date where you or someone with your permission is available to receive and sign for the delivery as required. Goods may be delivered to alternative addresses or work-places to ensure receipt. If the order is a gift to another address it is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to receive it. We will not advise gift recipients of impending deliveries. You may contact Interlink to change the delivery address, or date of any order within a reasonable time-period prior to delivery
- We dispatch orders Monday to Thursday and usually deliver Tuesday to Friday
- Delivery times quoted or displayed are for guidance only and not a guarantee
- Due to the nature of some perishable products and long transit times it is not possible to deliver some products over very long distances by standard carriers
Non-mainland UK and non-UK addresses
- Non-mainland areas of the UK (including but not limited to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and some areas of Scottish Highlands & Islands) may require a 2-day delivery service and may incur an additional charge. Please contact us to discuss orders to non-mainland destinations
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship to Europe, Ireland or Northern Ireland. We apologise for any inconvenience
Point of Contact
- We highly recommend that customers use a mobile telephone number as their point of contact. The courier may attempt to make contact via SMS
- Please contact us if your order fails to arrive, or if the order arrives on the correct delivery date in an unsatisfactory condition.
How much do you charge for postage?
All of our orders are sent by a tracked express delivery service with DPD. Delivery for standard orders is £7 and £15 for wedding cakes as they are on a ‘Delivery By 10.30am’ timed delivery service for the cheeses’ protection.
Do I have to be at home when my delivery is made?
Please be at home to recieve your order so that you can refrigerate it immediately. You can instruct the courier to leave it in a safe place at your discretion using the DPD email notification.
Can I have my parcel delivered to a different address to the billing address?
Yes, if you follow the instructions on the ordering page, you can set up alternative delivery addresses.
Can you deliver abroad?
As of Brexit we cannot offer non-mainland UK delivery on any of our Godminster goods. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
What happens to my order in bad weather or other adverse conditions?
We dispatch orders directly from our warehouse and transport them using DPD couriers. We use them as a trusted logistics firm with national coverage, though very occasionally they experience delays due to adverse weather. Please check your tracking number with them if you have a query about the whereabouts of your order and log on to www.dpdlocal.co.uk for more information.